Monday, October 29, 2012

Geneva, Switzerland

As is often the case, a chance meeting on one of our assignments led to another client, this time based in Geneva. 











My first visit to Switzerland and I was seriously impressed! It certainly helped that the weather was just perfect and being August a lot of locals were away on their annual holiday so it was not too busy but still enough hustle and bustle to enjoy this lovely city and superb scenery.



Mont Blanc and the lake

Jet d'Eau




In 2009 and 2011, Geneva was ranked as, respectively, the fourth and fifth most expensive city in the world.

 
 
The Rhone
I was only in Geneva for a week but in that time I managed to see quite a bit, visiting the UN building, taking a riverside walk along the Rhone, spending some quiet time at the lake, admiring the fantastic views of Mont Blanc and exploring the old town, wandering the cobbled streets and enjoying a cuppa in one of the many tea rooms.
Mont Blanc






My week was over in no time but Della and I will be returning in Feburary next year, when, in the middle of winter, it will surely be a very different place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment